Our Law Firm offers Chiropractic Consulting Services in the following areas:
• Proper Chiropractic Coding
• Medicare Based Documentation Procedures
• Credentialing With Managed Care Insurance Carriers
• Effective Billing and Collection Procedures
• Web Based Marketing and Advertising Programs
• Setting Up Chiropractic Compliance Programs
• Internal Office Procedure Compliance Audits
• “Expert” Witness Consulting
• Rent-A-Coach Consulting
With over 100 combined years experience in the operation of chiropractic businesses our firm’s chiropractic consulting program has been designed to assist doctors in setting up and operating their practices in the most efficient manner possible and to assist our clients in bringing their practices into compliance with state and federal guidelines.
Our firm has specifically designed our chiropractic consulting program to address those essential areas that have not been covered in your chiropractic college education. Our firm’s highly qualified experts work with our clients to set up and implement “compliant” front and back office procedures and protocols, including proper use of coding and documentation of services to support the codes selected, development of a billing and collection program that best fits your specific needs, securing and retaining credentialing status to maximize financial gain, developing an overall marketing plan that incorporates web based promotion of your professional services and achieving an overall compliance oriented practice atmosphere.
Our Firm offers consulting services in the following areas:
● Proper Chiropractic Coding – We provide expert advice and instruction on the identification and use of proper CPT and ICD-9 codes. Kathy Jones, owner of the National Association of Chiropractic Assistants, conducts seminars and webinars in Texas and around the country on proper office procedures, including identification of proper coding, proper documentation of services to support the choice of codes and proper handling insurance claims. Ms. Jones works with our clients to identify proper codes and coding techniques to use for patient examinations, therapeutic modalities, manipulations and other services. She will assist you in identifying those codes that fit the service(s) you perform and provide for maximum reimbursement while avoiding those codes that are routinely denied by the insurance industry. You will learn what services are mandatory under certain codes and proper coding sequencing for maximum reimbursement.
● Medicare Based Documentation Procedures – Ms. Jones will work with you to understand what is necessary to properly document your services in order to comply with the basic documentation standards required by Medicare and most managed care insurance networks and how to comply with “Minimal Acceptable Chiropractic Documentation Standards” required by state regulatory boards.
● Credentialing for Managed Care Insurance Programs – Tia and Chris Aspra, owners of Financial Investigations and Reimbursement Management have provided credentialing and billing/collection services for the medical profession for over twenty years. Our credentialing and billing experts will assist you in securing credentialing of your services as an individual or as a group practice and help you navigate the credentialing minefields to ensure that you are able to maximize your participation under managed care provider network programs, including the use of “incident to” billing services.
● Effective Billing and Collection Procedures – Proper and effective billing and collection requires that you first implement a billing program that best suits the type of practice you will maintain. Our experts have familiarity with virtually all chiropractic and medical billing programs on the market and can assist you in choosing the program that best suits meets your practice needs. Our experts will show you how to successfully bill your services and work with insurance carriers to maximize recovery of compensable medical services.
● Web Based Marketing and Advertising of Chiropractic Services – Dr. Chandler George is the nationally recognized owner of Catch Fire Coaching. Dr. George is available to work with our clients to develop and implement an overall web-based marketing and advertising strategy. Dr. George can assist you in building a web site designed to highlight your professional practice while maintaining compliance with the stringent advertising rules required under state and federal regulations. Dr. George can work with you to increase your professional exposure over the internet and through other media outlet sources, such as radio, television, and print publications.
● Setting Up a Chiropractic Compliance Program – Our firm’s compliance experts will assist you in putting together an overall chiropractic compliance program that incorporates a full legal and office procedures compliance audit. You will obtain a complete chiropractic office compliance manual and instruction on how to properly implement and utilize your compliance program.
● Internal Office Procedure Compliance Audits – We offer on-going in-house and external compliance audits of your chiropractic practice to ensure that you maintain a fully compliant chiropractic practice and that your office procedures and protocols do not slide back into bad habits.
● Edwards-Vaughn “Expert” Chiropractic Consulting – James Edwards, DC and Cynthia Vaughn, DC are two of the most highly credentialed, national chiropractic leaders offering expert case evaluation and advice/testimony on malpractice cases and chiropractic board enforcement cases. Dr. James Edwards is a former president of the American Chiropractic Association and member of the Kansas Healing Arts Board while Dr. Cynthia Vaughn is a former president of the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners and a former coding consultant to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Both of these experts have serviced the chiropractic profession through participation in chiropractic programs on a national and state level. Drs. Edwards and Vaughn have vast expertise in “standard of care” issues from over 14 years of state licensing board service and over 50 years of full-time practice.
● Rent-A-Coach Consulting – Our firm offers a number of highly skilled, experienced, doctors of chiropractic that have operated highly successful and financially rewarding chiropractic practices for years. Our firm’s coaches are available for “one-time” coaching sessions on topics of your choice or as a regular consultant to assist you in managing the successful operation of your chiropractic practice. Why hire and pay a national consulting firm huge fees when you can address and solve your specific practice problems through the use of one or more of our expert chiropractic “coaches” on a pay-for-use basis.